Thursday, February 4, 2010

just like mom


so, i have been playing soccer since i was 11. granted i did show up at practice with friendship pins (remember those sweet things?!?!) all over my sneakers. it wasn't long before i got real cleats and made a traveling team the following year. i made varsity my freshman year in high school and played until i was a junior. we had to move my senior year to a school with no girls team so i ended up playing on the boys varsity high school team. i held my own and the guys lovingly called me the beast from the east (i came from maryland to illinois). in a challenge for the ball in a game one time, i even broke a guy's leg. my dad likes to tell that story. :) i got a soccer scholarship to college and now, at 37, i still play in a women's league.* i love soccer. and i love that my girls are following in my footsteps. it's fun to watch them. i especially like watching megan. she's 12 and has more skills than i did at 18.
so i was PUMPED when unity came out with some sports stamps. you can find them here:
the other stamp used is the "trap it girl" layouts is from the scrapbooking kit:
be sure to check out angela's blog today for deals: http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/
*after rereading the paragraph above, it sounds a little like bragging. when that happens in our family, we say you should stand in front of the mirror and profess, "I LOVE YOU, ME!!!" :)

8 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Adorable layouts Jen! My boys are starting Spring soccer for the first time-hope they love it as much as your girl does...and you, too!

AJ said...

i love you me- that's hilarious, but sounds like something you would have them say!

StacyC said...

Nice layouts!!

Angie Blom said...

wonderful layout Jen.. love the design.

Christi said...

I love reading about your history with soccer and the layouts are fabulous! smiles...

stampjourney said...

Adorable design in this layout! It's fun when the whole family loves the same sport!

Rona said...

wow a beast who scrapbooks - great layouts - my dd is in the middle of conditioning and highschool tryouts are in one month, I love soccer too (watching definately not playing!)

slbt17 said...

love the pages!
Sandra